SIZE AND FIT GUIDE
What is frame size?
The size of the frame counts as functional information, which is defined by one principal number:
- Hinge to hinge distance: the width of the frame measured from the inside of the eyewear from the centre of each hinge.
How do I know the right size for me?
You can measure the hinge to hinge distance of a pair of glasses you already own with a ruler.
If you already own a pair of glasses, you will see some numbers engraved on the inside of the eyewear temple:
The first one is the Model name, then the Lens width and Bridge width. There is usally a third number which represents the Temple Length, which is the measurement in millimeters of the ‘arms’ of the frame. Sometimes there is also a fourth number which is the Lens Height.
Each of these numbers is measured in mm.
What’s the fit?
Fitting is aesthethical information which determines the amount of face coverage for a given size.
As can be seen in the image, there are three different fits available to choose from. These are unrelated to size and instead to lens width.
The three possible fittings are:
- Narrow: a small lens front for those who prefer to cover a smaller portion of the face.
- Regular: a medium lens front designed for those who prefer to cover an average portion of the face.
- Wide: a larger lens front designed for those who prefer to cover a greater portion of the face.
What are the bridge and nosepads?
This functional information describes the different types of the bridge and the nosepads.
The four possible bridge and nosepads options are:
- High bridge fit: offers a more secure and comfortable fit for those with a high nose bridge and lower cheekbones. A good choice if the bridge of your nose is above the level of your pupils.
- Low bridge fit: offers a more secure and comfortable fit for those with a low nose bridge and higher cheekbones. A good choice if eyewear tends to slide down your nose, sit too low, or press on your temples or cheeks.
- Universal fit: this option accommodates most face shapes.
- Adjustable nosepads: nosepads that can be widened or narrowed to fit your unique nose shape.